From the very beginning, Canplas prioritized state-of-the-art equipment, stringent quality testing and an unrelenting commitment to customer service. Today, Canplas manufactures high-quality plastic plumbing, ventilation, central vacuum and grease separation products for residential and commercial buildings all over the continent.
Do not miss the opportunity to join a broad family of people-centric professionals and with a continuous improvement focus. Innovation is central to our corporate DNA, from manufacturing processes to supply chain management, we are continually looking for areas in which we can innovate in order to better serve our customers and our growing business.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as Machine Operator. This role is based out of our Barrie, ON Plant and reports to the Production Team Leader. We are seeking an energetic individual with a keen eye to detail and a positive attitude. The successful candidate will work within a team of six people with a focus on safety, quality and continuous improvement.
• Support our culture of teamwork and commitment to customer satisfaction
• Ensure product is processed, inspected, counted and packaged according to the Quality Instruction Sheet and Bill of Material
• Ensure all equipment, tools and fixtures used are safe and in good working condition
• Read and follow assigned instruction sheets for assembly and packaging
• Clipping, visual checking, counting, assembling and packaging parts
• Logging into production control information system prior to operating machines
• Follow approved Safety and Ergonomic controls and process improvement initiatives
• Load boxes manually onto skid per the standard skid configurations
• Actively participate in the 5S, SAFE and Continuous Improvement programs
• Continuous participation in all facility waste management and environmentally related programs and training
• Assist in other production related functions as requested such as employee meetings etc.
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skill Requirement:
• Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent is required
• 2 + years in a previous manufacturing environment is strongly preferred, plastic experience is an asset
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Knowledge of health and safety practices in a manufacturing environment
• Comfortable in a fast paced in environment
• Team player
• Must be able to work a 12-hour continental night shift 7:00 pm – 7:15 am (84 hours bi-weekly)
o Week 1 work Monday, Tuesday and Friday (36 hours)
o Week 2 work Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday (48 hours)
• Manufacturing plant environment requiring varying degrees of physical labour consisting of lifting up to 35 lbs.
• The use of hand tools such as drills and clippers
• Considerable amount of sensory attention is required
• Limited control of work pace brings moderate stressors
• Considerable amount of walking to and from machines within designated sets
What We Offer:
• Canplas offers a competitive wage and benefit package (Flexible Benefits, Defined Contribution Pension Plan and Voluntary RRSP program)
• Bonus Program
• 1-year Wage Progression to top rate (increases at 6 months, 9 months and 1 year)
• An ISO 9001 and 14001 registered company
• Internal promotion and growth opportunities
• Company provided Uniforms and annual Safety Shoe allowance
• Training and Educational resources provided
• Transition to Retirement program
• Positive working environment and company culture
Canplas Industries Ltd is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for Canplas Industries Ltd positions. To request an accommodation, please contact HR at email@example.com.
Qualified applicants should apply directly.
Apply By: 26/06/2020