Canplas is a North American business unit located in Edmonton, Alberta. Our team develops and produces solutions that meet our clients’ most demanding expectations. We are passionate about creating sustainable, innovative solutions for the markets we serve. We provide people around the world with innovative solutions, leading our industry in a way that anticipates the rapidly evolving needs of our customers.
Canplas Industries Ltd is seeking an Inside Sales Representative/Warehouse Assistant. Reporting to the Edmonton Customer Service Supervisor the incumbent is responsible for performing daily operational activities relating to customer service and data entry Canplas Plumbing, Separation Technology and Duraflo accounts throughout the Prairie region. This person will also work in conjunction with the Edmonton warehouse staff to ensure maximum productivity when shipping and receiving Canplas products.
Major responsibilities include:
• Accountable for timely and accurate processing of all customer requirements, whether functioning in the office or warehouse.
• Schedule stock transfers from our Barrie location in compliance with carrier agreement and managing the warehouse workload (to avoid demurrage charges). Completes all required material re-work for saleability.
• Warehouse operational activities pertaining to the shipping and receiving including picking, packing, releasing and loading orders, scheduling pick-ups and deliveries, bills of lading, daily entry/weight document collation and filing.
• Reporting to supervisor immediately all: near misses, work related accidents; structural failures or property damage; potential incidents regarding people, equipment, materials and/or environment; releases of hazardous chemicals/discharges.
• Performs equipment and site inspection sheets within time parameters established by Health & Safety rules.
• Participates in maintaining warehouse facility to 5S standard.
• Provide support for both Outside Sales (Account Managers) and inside sales
• Accounts Payable related duties
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role, data entry included
• Any formal business seminars or education an asset
• Some Plumbing Industry knowledge / Plumbing product or other Construction Industry knowledge is an asset but not required
• Basic knowledge of shipping and receiving functions and must be able to pass certification for stock picker/lift truck
• Experience with payable and receivable processing will be of benefit
• Will be required to obtain Emergency First Aid Training
• Good time management and follow-up skills, including the ability to effectively balance quality and quantity of output
• Must possess high level of organization and task management
• Excellent computer and internet skills, especially Microsoft Office and email
• RF technology experience is preferable
• A very professional manner and a demonstrated commitment to customer service
• Ability to effectively resolve customer issues and complaints patiently
• Good team player including the demonstrated ability to contribute to and foster a positive team environment
• Superior telephone manner
• Must possess a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Bilingualism is an asset (French & English)
Apply By: 06/08/2020